Thursday 18 April 2013

Constructing the Magazine Advert in Photoshop


I opened up a new template in Adobe Photoshop CS5 for an A4 piece.

I then copied the already edited image of my artist from the front cover of my digipak. I am using this as my main image for the magazine advert. I left a blank white space at the bottom so that I can add information about the album underneath the image.

I then added a black line to separate the advert between the image and the information.
I then added the album title in the same font as the digipak - rage italic.
I added 'OUT NOW' all in caps to make it stand out and highlight to the audience that they are able to buy it now.
I added in other information underneath, such as where they can get the album from and the artist's web page. This gives the consumer more information on where to find information on the artist and this is a typical convention of magazine adverts for any product.
I then added a quote and a rating from a magazine, because this is a typical convention of media product advertisements.
I decided to change the colour of the text and the background - this allowed me to maintain some continuity with the digipak and get some colouring on my magazine advert as well.
I changed the quote from the existing music magazine slightly to make it flow better. I also added in a white line between the main image and the information to hide the crossover between the two.
This is the 1st draft of my magazine advert.


After looking at some more existing adverts I decided to add an extra star to really make it sell. I also made the text box containing the extra information bigger so that it all sits on one line for each sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment